Gath Gedi Helmet
The Gath Gedi Convertible helmet is purpose-designed to meet the special requirements of extreme kayaking, kiteboarding, lifeguard and security personnel using PWC's, swift water rescue services and others. Design criteria: to provide the best coverage and the most impact protection, while still maintaining the low-profile, hydrodynamic shape required for high speed water entry. Ear protectors are removable and audio vents are fully adjustable.
The Gedi meets the European whitewater helmet CE EN 1385 standard, having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability.
Adding an optional half visor to your Gath Gedi convertible helmet provides additional sun and spray protection. The see-through visor installs on the Gedi's predrilled, ratcheting installation points and can be worn up, down, or at several positions in between.
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
- Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
- See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
- Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
- Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
- Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
- Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
- Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.